Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Problems understanding the code of pt_tutorial_3

SCoop2
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to modify the code of pt_tutorial_3 of realsense_samples of Intel Realsense SDK so that it can show the coordinates all the time, and not only when it detects a pointing gesture -so that I can detect other gestures afterwards. How could I do this? I can see that it obtains the data from QueryPointingInfo().worldPointingData.direction.x / y / z but I don't understand where this comes from.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kopamundarain,

Thanks for contacting Intel customer support.

The library you are trying to modify is a closed library, these meaning that the library does not have the capability to do what you are planning to do.

In the following link you will find information on how to develop a library for body gestures:

https://software.intel.com/sites/products/realsense/person/developer_guide.html# 3.2.6_Body_Gestures

Hope this information helps you.

Best regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
SCoop2
Beginner

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I have been checking the link that you have sent and indeed it seems the best option for me. Only, I am not very familiar with the C++ language so I have some questions: do I have put everything in the same cpp file? is it enough including the commands indicated in the body tracking section? I basically want to detect the 6 points indicated in the body tracking section so I'd be more than happy if I could run that sample.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kopamundarain,

Not everything has to go on in the same CPP file but the SDK is Class-based so separate files do different functionality. The sample uses the code in samples/common/console_display/pt_console_display.hpp to get the QueryPointingInfo. A high understanding of C++ is required in order for you to customize the code to do what you are planning.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
SCoop2
Beginner

Hello again!

I am trying to do as you said, trying to design a new function for skeleton tracking, but when I try to compile it it shows many errors, which I've tried solving but with no success....It tells me PersonTrackingData is not initialized, and that vector is not well indicated (even though I followed the tutorial for Person Library Body Tracking). I am having problems visualizing the points as well. Could anybody pinpoint me how I could correct the code?

Here I send the main and the pt_console_display, along with the errors that I am shown.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kopamundarain,

Unfortunately debugging custom made code is out of the scope of this community, it would be recommended for you to submit your question on our developer community.

Here is the link to the developer community.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos