Items with no label
3335 Diskussionen

RealSense F200 driver missing

IIanS
Einsteiger
6.401Aufrufe

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following issue?

I am missing one of the drivers for the F200:

When I try to run the Depth Camera Manager from https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25044/eng/intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.52404.exe https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25044/eng/intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.52404.exe it returns the following error:

The camera is working as a 2D camera, but is not fully functional without the missing driver, meaning that Windows Hello won't accept its use for facial recognition.

This is an inbuilt webcam in an Asus N55-1JQ laptop, previously working okay. Windows system restore did not resolve the issue.

Many thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
28 Antworten
idata
Mitarbeiter
483Aufrufe

I've narrowed a similar issue with F200 to power cycling.

If the device (laptop) is powered off completely (such as full shutdown or hibernate), F200 will wake up fine.

IF the device is put to sleep ONCE, F200 will not wake up.

The solution is simple, give us driver updates.

If it is really Windows 10 breaking things, since you guys are partners, you should maintiain compatibility at the very least, not breaking it.

It is sad to see intel leaving F200 customers behind for such a promising device. Only SR200 gets love nowadays.

idata
Mitarbeiter
483Aufrufe

Hi tgpk,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Realsense™ Platform.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your F200. We have seen this issue before, this is a hardware problem, I would encourage you to contact your PC manufacturer in order to get proper guidance.

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Mitarbeiter
483Aufrufe

I have contacted multiple times, they are not making the process easy.

All they are doing is remote controlling my PC.. like I have to prove it to them that this happen every time.. and they keep doing it.

It's dell by the way.

Do you have laptop modules in stock? I have disassembled many laptops and re-assembled successfully. I'd rather do that then argue..

Edit: Found part number as WGPKM...

idata
Mitarbeiter
483Aufrufe

Got an update from Dell,

They insist that it is a software problem if the device still functions from normal power on but not from sleep.

Do you have any more details on this known issue that I can give them?

How do I make them believe that this is hardware knowing that it works fine from Windows Hibernation S4, Windows Shutdown S5 but not Windows Sleep S3 power state?.

Looking at the F200 driver's power data,

Power state mappings:

S0 -> D0

S1 -> D2

S2 -> D2

S3 -> D2

S4 -> D2

S5 -> D3

The problematic driver power state is D2. And it still works in Windows' hibernation (S4) because https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff564575(v=vs.85).aspx all devices according to Microsoft

System power state S4, the hibernate state, is the lowest-powered sleeping state and has the longest wake-up latency. To reduce power consumption to a minimum, the hardware powers off all devices.

which means the camera actually experience S5 and not S4.

This is why avoiding S3 power state like I have been doing for some time now, allows F200 to operate normally. However, S3 power state is my usual go to power state had I not have experienced this issue.

What should I tell them to test to verify this issue so that the F200 gets replaced?

Thanks in advance,

idata
Mitarbeiter
483Aufrufe

Hi tgpk,

I'm sorry to hear that Dell is not helping you out with your issue. Could you be so kind to provide your computer model and your system information file, this in order to see your computer hardware specifications. To generate it, please press on your keyboard WinLogo + r, then enter msinfo32, then click on File >> Export. This process might take some minutes, once you have generated that file, please send it to us in your next reply.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Mitarbeiter
483Aufrufe

Edit: removed text reply, attached .txt instead

idata
Mitarbeiter
483Aufrufe

Hi tgpk,

We appreciate your patience.

After consulting with the right Department, it seems like the issue where the F200 camera does not work after waking the system from sleep is a known issue. Replacing the camera is not guaranteed to help.

We would encourage to follow the steps on this article in order to solve your issue: http://www.windowscentral.com/get-intel-realsense-camera-wake-sleep-windows-hello http://www.windowscentral.com/get-intel-realsense-camera-wake-sleep-windows-hello . Unfortunately, there is no planned fix for this issue and we encourage you again to contact your PC manufacturer for further assistance.

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Mitarbeiter
483Aufrufe

I have tried those. It will only really work on desktop systems with BIOS that allow you to disable power saving features.

This is not the case on my laptop. Windows is not able to overwrite powersavings of the bios it seems. I've tried both power option> disable USB selective suspend and disabling power saving on the usb hub.

Is class-action lawsuit a plausible option to get this fixed? I can probably gather 20-30 people with this camera module on both desktop (who want more power savings) and laptop modules.

What is preventing them from providing software update to this device for nearly 2 years?

Is this a hardware issue that is not able to be fixed by software?

What could the PC manufacturer do other than waste their parts inventory on a faulty device?

Why is Intel doing this to consumers?

Please consider class-action rebate otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Antworten