Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Realsense D435i - not properly recognized by Realsense-Viewer.

RPerr6
Beginner

Hi,

I recently got a Realsense D435i that I updated to the latest firmware available. It was working well until it suddenly stopped being recognized by Realsense-Viewer. When connecting it, the error :

Invalid Value in rs2_get_option_range(options:0x2aaf4e0, option:Depth Units, min:-514102, max:3.92364e-44, step:0, def:7.52112e-38):

hwmon command 0x2c failed. Error type: No expected user action (-9).

It is impossible to stream any data from it, the camera becomes unusable. The serial number is not even retrieved.

Screenshot from 2019-02-27 14-19-21.png

I tried to downgrade the firmware, it didn't work. Result is the same on 3 different computers with different USB-C cables.

Any suggestions to fix this issue ?

Thanks,

Rodolphe

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Please download and install the camera calibration API software using the link below. The API is the lower of two links in the side-panel of the page in this link.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28517/Intel-RealSense-D400-Series-Calibration-Tools-and-API?v=t

Once the calibration API tool is installed, you can use a program called CustomRW that is part of this tool to 'gold reset' the camera to factory default with the command below:

Intel.Realsense.CustomRW.exe -g

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Please download and install the camera calibration API software using the link below. The API is the lower of two links in the side-panel of the page in this link.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28517/Intel-RealSense-D400-Series-Calibration-Tools-and-API?v=t

Once the calibration API tool is installed, you can use a program called CustomRW that is part of this tool to 'gold reset' the camera to factory default with the command below:

Intel.Realsense.CustomRW.exe -g

0 Kudos