Other camera works.

Ther is no problem in my PC's Spec.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4960X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz

64.0GB RAM Memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Black

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not using SR300 for any other program at the same time.

I already installed these.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download

intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718

intel_rs_sdk_mw_core_offline_11.0.27.1384

intel_rs_sdk_mw_cursor_hybrid_11.0.27.1404

intel_rs_sdk_mw_face_hybrid_11.0.28.2787

intel_rs_sdk_mw_hand_hybrid_11.0.27.1404

intel_rs_sdk_mw_scan3d_hybrid_11.0.27.8892

intel_rs_sdk_mw_seg3d_hybrid_11.0.27.2322

but SR300 doesn't work.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
40 Replies
音音
Beginner

?

3.0.24.59748 downlod page doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know the download link was broken.

Apparently, many people had their ordinary webcams broken in Windows 10 when Microsoft did their Anniversary Update. Since then in the Windows Insider builds, RealSense has not been working.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/08/22/windows-10-update-is-breaking-millions-of-webcams---how-to-fix-i/ Windows 10 update is breaking millions of webcams - how to fix it

Supposedly, the newest Windows build, 15019 improves things. Some people report that their camera still is not working in that new build though.

0 Kudos
音音
Beginner

If you can use SR300, can you tell me your win10's build?

Mine is 14393.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I use an older F200 camera with SDK R2 and 10.0.14393 (same as yours).

0 Kudos
音音
Beginner

Thank you.

But... oh my god.

You don't know about SR300...

oh...

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I do not need to own an SR-300 to know about it. I just cannot do tests with one.

There was a developer yesterday who couldn't get hand control to work with R3 and his SR-300. He put the camera on a different PC and it worked fine. Some computers are fine with the camera, some cause problems but still allow some functions to work, and some computers won't let the camera work at all.

0 Kudos
音音
Beginner

Do you mean that I have to change my PC even I satisfy the system requirements that Intel sais?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Sadly, sometimes the only way that people get the camera to work when they have tried everything else is to use it on a different PC. Often the problem is not related to specification but the USB ports that a particular machine has, as the ports do not work exactly the same on every machine. RealSense is very sensitive to the state of the USB port it is plugged into.

If you have a Titan X video card, I guess your machine is a desktop and not a laptop? If so, and you know how to change the expansion cards inside a machine, a much cheaper thing to try than buying a new PC may be to put a USB 3.0 expansion card in so that you can use the ports on that instead of the ones that came with the PC.

BTW, I also suggest un-marking this forum post as "question answered". Then Intel support employees are likely to look at it instead of thinking it has been solved. Though there may not be much they can do other than suggest returning the camera, after we have got to two pages of replies and the problem is still not fixed.

This may be a silly question, but have you tried plugging the camera in another USB 3.0 port if you have one on your PC? And are you sure that you have the camera plugged into a USB 3.0 port? Some computers have several older USB 2.0 ports (which the camera won't work in) and two USB 3.0 ports. The ports on the front of the machine are often 2.0 and the 3.0 ones are on the back of the machine.

0 Kudos
音音
Beginner

Thanks.

This is my only one desktop PC.

And I tried all the USB3.0 port.

I'm ganna try two thing.

I will try another USB3.0.

So could you tell me which USB3.0 you are using?

Something like these.

https://www.amazon.com/Cord-free-Inateck-Controller-Internal-Connector/dp/B00JFR2H64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485605418&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=usb+3.0+expand&psc=1 Amazon.com: [Cord-free Power Supply] Inateck 2-Port PCI-E USB 3.0 Express Card, Mini PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub Controller Adapte…

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AA%E3%82%A6%E3%83%AB%E3%83%86%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-%E5%A4%96%E9%83%A8USB3-0-2%E3%83%9D%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88-%E5%86%85%E9%83%A819%E3%83%94%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3%E3%83%8D%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF-1%E3%83%9D%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E5%A2%97%E8%A8%AD-%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%... Amazon.co.jp | オウルテック USB3.0増設ボード 外部USB3.0×2ポート+内部19ピンコネクタ×1ポート増設 PCI Express 1xインターフェースボード ロープロファイルブラケット付き 1年保証 OWL-PCE…

I will make my Windows10 to Build15019.

I will tell the result when it's done.

Anyway, I wanna know the optimum USB3.0 card.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I have not used a USB 3.0 expansion card since the end of 2014, so I am not sure which one I had. I think it may have been an Anker similar to this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker%C2%AE-Uspeed-Express-Connector-another/dp/B007SJGGAE/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QXQEEGEXNXA8TFCN2AV2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker%C2%AE-Uspeed-Express-Connector-another/dp/B007SJGGAE/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=

The Inateck one you showed looks like a good one though, especially as it apparently does not need a 5v cable attached to it. "No additional power supply for normal recognition and operation needed anymore."

0 Kudos
音音
Beginner

I will try these Inateck and Anker.

----------------------------------------------

I tried build15002 and build15019 but nothing changed.

And this is the device manager.

Is there any problem here for using SR300?

The spec.

------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20GHz

64.0GB RAM Memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Black

And now I'm tring to buy another USB3.0.

Then I thought.

Is this really necessary?

What am I doing?

Doesn't it just mean that SR300 is scrap camera?

Is SR300 really decent camera?

Who can use this camera?

If there is somebody who can use SR300, could you please tell me your spec with image or video you are using SR300.

I already spent more than 1200 dollars to use this camera.

Even if Intel said that there is no problem with SR300, how many percent people trust that?

Who can use this?

I'm just tired.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I don't think anyone among Intel's support staff would say that the camera is problem-free, as they are helping people with problems with it most days. The trouble with diagnosing PC problems is that everyone's computer hardware and software setup is unique in some way, So a single solution cannot be applied to everybody, unlike a games console whose specification is set in stone and never changes.

I completely understand your frustration. As a veteran RealSense user who works with the camera every day for the last two and a half years, I have been frustrated by it regularly and had to write my own custom technology to achieve what I needed to. But when it is working well, the camera is brilliant. Even though I am using a humble F200, I can still achieve great things with it by pushing its true potential to its outer limits. I imagine I could do even more with the SR-300.

When I first got my camera, it took 3 weeks and a motherboard and CPU upgrade to get it working at all. This was in the early days of RealSense, when developers like myself were writing the book on how to fix RealSense, because there was little existing help for it yet. I virtually wrote the manual on using RealSense with Unity. On the bad days, I just wanted to throw the camera out of the window and make a joystick-controlled game instead. But I'm glad I persisted, because I learned more from the struggle and endless experiments to find fixes than I ever thought possible.

Get some rest and approach it again tomorrow with a fresh mind. Somehow, someway, we'll get things working for you. Good luck!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

At this point after having tried just about everything else, returning the camera for a replacement isn't a bad strategy. I hope you don't give up on RealSense because of your bad experience with this camera.

0 Kudos
音音
Beginner

Thanks a lot.

I'm asking Intel to check this SR300 is failure or not when this returned and reached to them.

And then, if it was initial failure, I will ask them to replace that to the other one.

If it was normal, I don't know what to do, cause I think I tried everything I can.

Only one thing I'm thinking about is this error message.

Of course I'm not using SR300 in any other application.

So SR300's green light is not lighting.

And of course the drivers are latest.

Anyway I'll wait the reply from Intel.

0 Kudos
音音
Beginner

Hello.

I'm asking Intel to exchange my SR300, but the reply doesn't come 2 days.

http://click.intel.com/customer-service Customer Service

mailto:click.support@intel.com click.support@intel.com

Aren't they working Saturday and Sunday?

Does someone Know their buisiness days?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel's support staff officially work Monday to Friday, at least for the Intel Developer Zone forums. I assume the same is true for the staff on the Support Community forums like this one. They should be back today.

They are more likely to see your message if you undo the green 'This question has been answered' mark on your forum post so that the staff will know to look at your post to see why it is not marked as answered.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Oto,

As MartyG stated, the business hours are from Monday to Friday, 9:00-17:00 Pacific Time (GMT-7:00). Click support should contact you within 1 business day, if this doesn't happen, please let me know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
音音
Beginner

Hello, are you the intel's staff?

I'm asking them to replace my SR300, but only the mail about refund came.

I wonder they are looking my mail.

By the way, check this out.

Mother Board

ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING

CPU

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20GHz LGA1151

Memory

CORSAIR 2X16GB(x2) 3200MHz 64GB VENGEANCE LPX DDR4

Case

CoolerMaster COSMOS Ⅱ

HDD

WD Red 8TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6 Gb/s 128MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD80EFZX

CD Drive

BDR-209XJB

Video Card

GeForce GTX TITAN Black 6GB (PCI-E3.0)

OS

Windows 10 Pro 64bit Build14393

Power Supplies

ENERMAX Platimax EPM1350EWT 1350W

CPU Cooler

Hydro Series™ H100i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler

Blue LED Case Fan x 2

USB 3.0 Expansion (2Ports) x 2

IEEE1394 Expansion PCI-E (2Ports) x 1

This is all of my PC.

Is there any Inappropriate parts for using SR300?

0 Kudos
音音
Beginner

I returned the SR300, because I did everything I can.

And I bought this.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-broadcaster/razer-stargazer Razer Stargazer Depth-Sensing Webcam

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GE9QM5M/ref=ya_st_dp_summary https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GE9QM5M/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

RAZER STARGAZER

Look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6eO_vEYTMo&feature=youtu.be RAZER STARGAZER + Facerig - YouTube

This works very fine.

I guess there is not a few people whose SR300 doesn't work for the reasons that don't know well.

Before you give up the RealSense, you'd better try another RealSense camera.

The RealSense camera is not a one.

You should read here, this community.

Many people inclueding me can't use SR300.

I think it's very risky to buy this one.

Intel is not a expert maker of camera.

SR300's compatibility is too too too weak.

If you want the RealSence, you better buy STARGAZER first.

0 Kudos