Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Using D435 sensor : Mapping coordinates from color to depth after aligning frames

MCC001
Novice

Camera: D435

language: C#

I had been successfully using a program with SR300 which I'm now migrating to support D435 sensor only with latest SDK. The older SDK had some methods to map coordinates from optical to depth which I cant find in the new SDK.

However with the limited C# samples available I can see there is a way of aligning color and depth frames. However the aligned frame seems to be a VideoFrame and not DepthFrame. With DepthFrame I could do use the CopyTo function to access depth values by iterating through the pixels.

I'm wondering how can I similarly access depth values from a the aligned Videoframe.

My progressing code is below - which works fine without aligning frames, but then I cant find a way to map a pixel from color to its depth equivalent. Also for some reason if I use the align filter, the frames just freeze ) guess one of the native calls throw an error )

Please note Q1 & Q2 in commented code below. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

var token = tokenSource.Token; ushort[] depthdata = new ushort[640 * 480]; var t = Task.Factory.StartNew(() => { while (!token.IsCancellationRequested) { //// We use the frames that are captured from live camera as the input data for the SW device using (var frames = pipeline.WaitForFrames()) { var depthFrame = frames.DepthFrame.DisposeWith(frames); var colorFrame = frames.ColorFrame.DisposeWith(frames); sync.SubmitFrame(depthFrame); sync.SubmitFrame(colorFrame); } // Dispaly the frames that come from the SW device after synchronization using (var new_frames = sync.WaitForFrames()) { if (new_frames.Count == 2) { new_frames.ApplyFilter(align); // Q1: This results in freeze after few seconds. var depthFrame = new_frames.DepthFrame.DisposeWith(new_frames); var colorFrame = new_frames.ColorFrame.DisposeWith(new_frames); // VideoFrame colorizedDepth = colorizer.Process(depthFrame).As<VideoFrame>().DisposeWith(new_frames); depthFrame.CopyTo(depthdata); // var colorizedDepth = frames[Intel.RealSense.Stream.Depth, Format.Rgb8].As<VideoFrame>().DisposeWith(frames); // colorizedDepth.CopyTo(depthdata); // Q2: What should be size of depthdata array here ( Stride * Height ?) OR ( Width * height ) and how can i iterate through it to access z values ? WriteableBitmap colorizedDepthImage; unsafe { //D435 - get access to data and then see the followin convertion to dataptr _calibrationData.angleCameraTorsoRadians = 0.43; fixed (ushort* dataptr = depthdata) { // MAIN OPERATION On DEPTH Data here ..// //measurer.Measure(dataptr, regions, _calibrationData); } fixed (ushort* dataptr = depthdata) { // Colorize Depth Image for Display ( this is for SR300 where I programmed the colors myself for depth ) colorizedDepthImage = _colorizer.GetColorizedBitmap(dataptr); var depthStream = GetPngStream(colorizedDepthImage); } //For capturing Color stream as well var bytes = new byte[colorFrame.Stride * colorFrame.Height]; colorFrame.CopyTo(bytes); // .... Mode code here // //Raise events to notify UI RaiseFrameProcessedEvent(new ProcessedFrame(depthStream, regions, _calibrationData)); RaiseColorFrameAvailableEvent(new ColorFrame(colorStream)); depthStream.Dispose(); } } } } }, token);

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

An alternative to using Align in the RealSense SDK 2.0 is an instruction called rs2_project_color_pixel_to_depth_pixel

It maps a pixel in the color image to a pixel in the depth image. An example use of the instruction can be found in the link below, starting on line 116 of the script:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/development/include/librealsense2/rsutil.h#L116

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

An alternative to using Align in the RealSense SDK 2.0 is an instruction called rs2_project_color_pixel_to_depth_pixel

It maps a pixel in the color image to a pixel in the depth image. An example use of the instruction can be found in the link below, starting on line 116 of the script:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/development/include/librealsense2/rsutil.h#L116

0 Kudos