Items with no label
3335 Discussions

json file load period

GKurt
Beginner

I'm working with realsense D435 camera. I need to use my special preset json file. Should I load it every time when the camera is switched on? Or the presets are saved in something like PROM and I shouldn't load the json file till some parameters have to be changed?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A json file has to be loaded in, whether by loading it into the RealSense Viewer or putting an instruction in a script that sets the Visual Preset automatically when the script runs.

It is possible though to write calibration settings to the camera using a program called CustomRW that is part of the 400 Series cameras' Dynamic Calibration software.

The calibration software and its user guide can be found at the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27955/Intel-RealSense-D400-Series-Calibration-Tools-and-API Download Intel® RealSense™ D400 Series Calibration Tools and API

0 Kudos
GKurt
Beginner

MartyG: thank you for answer.

Actually I asked not "how to load json file" but "when".

Should I load it every time when I switch on the camera? Or it saved in inner memory of the camera and it is saved when I switch the camera power off?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you plan to take the approach of automatically settng up the json with a script instruction, the json file would have to be loaded in from a location on your computer system when the application starts. Once the json is applied then it should remain active until the application that loaded it is closed.

For example, if you start and stop the camera whilst the application is open then the json settings should persist. But if the application is closed then the settings will be forgotten until the next time that the application is opened and the json is re-loaded when the start-up sequence of the application runs.

0 Kudos