Items with no label
3335 Discussions

person recognition problem using R200

BVaga
Beginner

Dear Sir,

I am doing person tracking using R200 and ROS package in linux.

Problem: First i have recognized and registered a person using GUI command as defined in real-sense person tracking package in Linux. Then I have saved that recognized data using rosservice. now i start tracking to that person who is in FOV of camera using GUI command and it is working fine but Now problem is when that person is going out from FOV of camera and another new person (not registered and recognized and also not saved to database) comes to in FOV of camera then that recognized id assign to that person and also still tracking is working so that we don't want to track that newly unregistered and unrecognized person.

So is there any solution for that ?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I found some information in the Release Notes document for the RealSense SDK For Linux's 'Person Library' functions that is relevant to your difficulties with preventing an ID from being taken by another person.

Person Tracking

ID might be stolen when tracking a person.

Recognition

Recognition may give registered id on un-registered person (false positive)

These limitations are present because the Person Tracking in this SDK is an alpha Preview level feature that has limited functionality. So the problems you experienced with person recognition may be due to limitations in the SDK rather than something that you have done wrong.

https://software.intel.com/sites/products/realsense/release_notes/person_release_notes.html Release Notes for Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Linux: Release Notes for Intel® RealSense™ for Linux Person Library

0 Kudos
BVaga
Beginner

ok sir

Thanks for your quick responses.

0 Kudos