Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel C232 chipset with iGPU features

Westphal__Ben
Beginner

Hey there,

I'm considering to build up a new transcoding server station for my new office. I'm working on big media files and with transcoding of it.
I decided to get a new Intel Xeon E3-1245 CPU with integrated GPU. So far, so good. Also I throw an eye on a Supermicro X11SSL-CF board with an C232 chipset. This board has additionally an AST2400 graphic interface which is used for iKVM and management stuff.

My question here is:

Will it be possible to use the integrated GPU of the CPU to perform a hardware accelerated transcoding of media with H264 or VP9 or else? If not, which chipset I have to go for?

Thanks in advance
ben

0 Kudos
0 Replies