Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MSS Install Problem

峰_王_
Beginner
Hello When I are Installing MediaServerStudioProfessionalEvaluation2015R4,there is aproblem as follow: [root@localhost CentOS]# chown admin /MSS [root@localhost CentOS]# su admin [admin@localhost CentOS]$ cp build_kernel_rpm_CentOS.sh /MSS [admin@localhost CentOS]$ cd /MSS [admin@localhost MSS]$ ./build_kernel_rpm_CentOS.sh Error... Not installed intel-linux-media-devel rpm package! [admin@localhost MSS]$ The follow is your steps of your docments: (as root) # ./install_sdk_UMD_*.sh # mkdir /MSS # chown {regular user}:{regular group} /MSS (as regular user) $ cp build_kernel_rpm*.sh /MSS $ cd /MSS $ ./build_kernel_rpm*.sh (as root) # cd /MSS/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64 # rpm -Uvh kernel-3.10.*.rpm # reboot "./install_sdk_UMD_*.sh" has been installed sucefullly.
0 Kudos
24 Replies
Giri_b_
Beginner

is there any issue when CentOS 7.1 version running on  VM Ware Workstation 11.1.0.?

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

This conversation has moved to emails.
For others - Media Server Studio is not supported on VMware workstation. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Surbhi,

I tried to install MSS on HSW system , now i can able to triggered HW accelerators (qsv decoder),

but right now i am trying to compare decoding outputs with qsv decoder and without qsv decoder those two output are not matched..

i am using command are as follows..

1) with qsv : ./ffmpeg -vcodec h264_qsv -i input.264 -pix_fmt yuv420p output_qsv.yuv

2) with out qsv : ./ffmpeg -i input.264 output_x264.yuv

these output_qsv.yuv and output_x264.yuv files are not matched..

i observed that qsv decoding with different frame rate, that why i am using command by putting " -r 30 " before i/p read,now getting 0th frames twice while decoding with qsv ..but CPU utilization is very good while decoding..

can u please help me regarding that,I think that both decoders should match right..? with and with out qsv options....

Regards,

Giri.

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner
Dear Surbhi,

I have faced few issues like:

i)  most of the sequences getting " 0 " th frame twice while decoding with h264_qsv decoder,
ii) Last 4 to 5 frames is not dumped in to output file,
iii) few frames are also dropped into output file,
iv) as per my observation those 4 frames are appended with N-15 frames in the output file, where N is the no of frames in a sequence
but few frames are dropped..

please give reply as soon as possible, please let me know any information needed..

Regards,

L V GiriBabu..   

0 Kudos