Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3059 Discussions

arc a380/a750 qsv enc system paged pool memory leak

focus
Beginner

hw: i7-12700 + arc a380/arc a750

sys memory: 16GB ddr4

igpu: hd graphic 770, driver ver 31.0.101.4146

dgpu: arc a380/a750, driver ver 31.0.101.4146

bios: rebar enable

software: intel\oneapi\vpl\2023.0.0\bin\sample_encode.exe  and  ffmpeg.exe

Use hd graphic 770 to encode 4kp50 h264/h265, nv12/p010/y210 yuv format, mfx.LowPower = MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF, no sys paged pool memory leak, both sample_encode.exe and ffmpeg.exe.

Use arc a380/a750 to encoder 4kp50 h264/h265, nv12/p010/y210 yuv format, mfx.LowPower = MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF, sys paged pool memory leak about 7MByte every minute, both sample_encode.exe and ffmpeg.exe. Close the encoder application cannot free sys paged pool memory.

I have post this issue via /t5/Graphics Community, they said they have covered basic troubleshooting but further support for Intel OneAPI is done via the Community here.

In attachment file,I provide a video showing the step-by-step for my issue,and some test tools. There is a readme.txt file in attachment to explain usage of all files.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities. We are working on this internally. We will get back to you soon with an update.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We were unable to reproduce the issue for ffmpeg.exe. I could see a command used for sample_encode.exe on the video file you have shared. Is it the exact command you have used? Also, could you please share the command used for ffmpeg.exe

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
focus
Beginner

This question is to reply my last question.

arc a380/a750 qsv enc system paged pool memory leak 

Yes, the command "sample_encode.exe h265 -i test.yuv -o test.265 -w 3840 -h 2160 -y210 -dGfx" is the exact command I have used. The functionality of this command is to encode a YUV file to H265 elementary stream by discrete gpu card. Of course, you should prepare a test.yuv file first before run the command. I didn't provide the file because 200 frames y210 format 3840x2160 YUV file have 6635520000 bytes, very large. In fact, you don't need a perfect YUV file. Any file with a size of 6635520000 bytes can be renamed as test.yuv for 200 frames y210 format encoding purpose, of course the encoded H265 bitstream cannot see normal images.

I have share the command used for ffmpeg.exe in attachment file, but test.yuv file should be prepared by yourself. If your system has both installed integrated gpu and discrete gpu, the ffmpeg command encode with integrated gpu by default, and I don't know how to encode with discrete gpu by ffmpeg command, so you should disable the integrated gpu by bios first. There will be no system paged pool memory leak when encoding with the integrated gpu card.

There is a readme.txt file in attachment to explain usage of all files.

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We are still working on it. We will get back to you with an update.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We have received an update there is fix for the memory leak issue in the latest Win 11 available here: 

[Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25931 (Canary Channel) | Windows Insider Blog|https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2023/08/16/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-25931-canary-channel/]

You can update the OS to the preview build, or will have to wait for a fix to the previous release. Currently we do not have an ETA when the fix will be made for the previous release.

Let me know if you are able to update the OS and check the issue. 

--

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Is your issue resolved?

--

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We see a thread posted by you where it's mentioned you would be testing the latest Win 11 version. We haven't received any update either in that thread or here. 

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

--

Regards,

Remya Premdas  

0 Kudos