Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Announcing Intel® Media Server Studio 2017 R2 and New Sample Code

Mark_L_Intel1

We are proud to announce the release of Intel® Media Server Studio 2017

The release package is the Community/Essential Edition which provides:

• AVC Encode Performance & Stability Enhancements
  • HW-accelerated HEVC Encode Skip Frame to Ensure HRD Compliance
  • AVC & MPEG-2 Visual Quality Improvements.

For more detail of the Media Server Studio new features., see this "What's New" page

In the related news, we have also released the Sample Code 2017 R2, please go to the sample code page to download the packages, The source code is also available at GitHub

0 Kudos
5 Replies
yue_c_
Beginner

Hi liu,yan 

the new sample code doesn't contain the sample_camera...

do you have any good methods to deal with my problem in my topic:

I can't run the sample_camera which is one of the samples of MediaSDK with the argb16 input format

thanks .

0 Kudos
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Starting from API version 1.19 The RAW Accelerator supports ARGB16.

Use “-f argb16”  key to specify ARGB16 as input format.

It would be great if you could share your logs and execution line. 

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos
Artem_S_Intel
Employee

sample_camera is available on github: 

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/samples/tree/master/samples

So as Stav suggested you can try it, argb16 is missed from help in sample camera, but it is implemented

0 Kudos
Venkat_S_
Beginner

I assume 2017 does not support pentium skylace processor. Where can I download Media SDK 2016 for Linux. When I go to download central, it directs me to download 2016. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Venkat,

The download center should have a pull down menu to select the version, I guess you were downloading Media Server Studio not the Media SDK 2016 for Linux, we never have that release.

I am also closing this post for any further post and please submit a normal post if you have further questions.

Mark

0 Kudos