Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3059 Discussions

H264 decoder MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeFrameAsync returns MFX_ERR_LOCK_MEMORY

Chethan_N_
Beginner

Hi,

I am writing a plugin to use quick sync h264 decoder. My reference is sample decode application provided along with media sdk. I am trying to invoke quick sync h264 decoder by feeding exactly one frame worth of bitstream at every call to MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeFrameAsync. I have allocated enough surfaces as returned by call to MFXVideoDECODE_QueryIOSurf.

Hardware decoding seems to work fine but when I force software mode I get MFX_ERR_LOCK_MEMORY. Also I am checking the flag pmfxSurfaces[0]->Data.Locked before and after call to  MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeFrameAsync. I see that the flag gets set to 1 indicating that surface is locked, yet returns the error of MFX_ERR_LOCK_MEMORY. Please let me know my setup of feeding only one frame every call to MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeFrameAsync could be an issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Sorry for the delayed reply.  You should not need to worry about feeding only 1 frame of data per call to DecodeFrameAsync.  However, the fact that you see different behavior for the HW and SW implementations with the same code indicates that this may be a SW implementation bug.  If feeding only 1 frame is indeed an issue it should be easy to test by temporarily adding a few frames of buffering.  

Another starting reference point to consider is the tutorials at the Media Solutions Portal.

0 Kudos