Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3060 Discussions

How to encode H264 streams that are valid AVCHD streams?

Markus_Pingel
New Contributor I
Hello,

I hope I am not missing something obvious, but I cannot get the H264 encoder to create a stream with open GOPs that has a SPS/PPS pair at everyGOP start as required by the Blu-Ray spec. Only the IDR frames are preceded bySPS/PPS. Is there a way/workaround other than creating only closed GOPs?

Thanks,

Markus
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Markus,
It is not possible to achieve this with MSDK 2012 Beta5 SW encoder and unfortunately it's too late to include a fix in the Gold release. We will add a fix in the MSDK 2012 Gold update. Meanwhile you may test this with HW Media SDK library for SandyBridge platform. It insert SPSPPS per each GOP/I frame.
Regards,
Nina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Markus,
It is not possible to achieve this with MSDK 2012 Beta5 SW encoder and unfortunately it's too late to include a fix in the Gold release. We will add a fix in the MSDK 2012 Gold update. Meanwhile you may test this with HW Media SDK library for SandyBridge platform. It insert SPSPPS per each GOP/I frame.
Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos