Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Need Help with Interlaced Encoding

Arpan_P_
Beginner

How-To perform Interlaced Encoding using Intel Media SDK.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know how to perform interlaced (MFX_PICSTRUCT_FIELD_TFF) (field by field) encoding from NV12 input to H264 (Main). I have a working source code which performs Progressive (MFX_PICSTRUCT_PROGRESSIVE) encoding for the same. Now if I change the params.mfx.FrameInfo.PicStruct to MFX_PICSTRUCT_FIELD_TFF, I have to provide full resolution (width * height) frame to the encoder then only it will do the encoding. What I need is to give Top Field first frame (odd lines first) (width * (height/2)) and then followed by Bottom Field frame (width * (height/2)) to the encoder in 2 successive calls and the encoder should give me full resolution encoded frame synchronous or asynchronous. Unable to find a solution for few days now, kindly help with some source code or refer to some solution.

Details about my setup:
CPU & Processor: Intel Core i3-5005U CPU @2GHz 2 Cores 4 Logical Processors
OS & Version: Windows 10 Pro (10.0.14393) - x64 bit
Intel HD Graphics 5500 Driver Version: 20.19.15.4549
Intel Media SDK Version: Major 1 Minor 20

Thanks in Advance,
Arpan

0 Kudos
0 Replies