Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

h264 encoder

htanrama
Beginner
hi,

I am a new user of intel media sdk. Can somebody help me how to disable emulation prevention bytes in the h264 encoder output using the intel media sdk exported API?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eric_S_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for looking at the Media SDK. Unfortunately, the API does not expose the ability to disable the emulation bytes. May I ask, why is this a requirement for your application?

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
htanrama
Beginner
Thanks Eric. Need to interact with a customer decoder which doesnot handle EP bytes.
As i understand, we can also have custom encoder developedand hook it with this SDK. In this option, is there a provision to get the performance close to built in H264 encoder of SDK?
0 Kudos