Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

second decoder calling mfxDECODE::DecodeFrameAsync return -17

penny
Beginner

Hi, 

I'm trying using API to do a multiple decoder application.

If I initialize decode session with MFX_IOPATTERN_OUT_VIDEO_MEMORY, only first decode session can decode well, the others failed while calling DecodeFrameAsync with returned code -17 .

But if I initialize with MFX_IOPATTERN_OUT_SYSTEM_MEMORY, I tried maximum 16 decode sessions and all work perfectly.

I referenced IntelMediaSDK-tutorial-0.0.3/simple_2_decode_vmem and have no idea what is the problem.

Any suggestions?

penny

0 Kudos
4 Replies
penny
Beginner

mediasdk_tracer and mediasdk_sys_analyzer log attached.

0 Kudos
Artem_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Penny, can you check:

1. You are calling MFXVideoCORE_SetHandle with the same device handle for all decoder sessions

2. if not please check if pull of surfaces you are using separate for each decoder.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_E_Intel
Employee

Penny,

Check lines 174254-174310 in msdk_tracer_device_fail.txt , all fields of surface_out object have values 2048. In other words mfxFrameSurface object is corrupted. 

0 Kudos
penny
Beginner

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I finally made 16 decode sessions run simultaneously.

Just like Artem said, I am using the same device handle for all decoder sessions.

Thanks for your help!!!

penny

0 Kudos