Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12612 Discussions

Building uClinux with Nios II v1.01

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to create a new Linux kernel project using the Microtronix Linux 2.6 distribution for Nios II. Previously, with Nios II IDE v1.0 this worked OK. I was able to create a new project, configure the project and build the project without major problems.  

After installing the Nios II IDE v1.0, Service Pack 1 however, I can no longer get the project to build. I can create the project and run the 'Configure Kernel' step OK, but when I try to run 'Build Project' I immediately get a pop-up window titled 'Build Problems which has the following message: 

Problems occurred building the selected resources. 

For input string: "" 

Has anybody else seen this problem? 

Thanks 

Terry
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think I've figured out what was wrong (sort of). In SOPC builder I had several components which were temporarily disabled by unchecking the box on the left. When you uncheck a component it becomes grayed out and doesn't show up in your Nios II design but information regarding these 'disabled' components is still present in the .ptf file. The Microtronix Linux Kernel builder apparently was having some trouble parsing the .ptf file and it was crashing. Once I went through and deleted all of the unused components from SOPC builder, the kernel builder ran OK. 

-- 

Terry
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks for the bug report. I'll correct it for a maintenance release of the Nios II Linux Distribution that I'm working on.
0 Kudos