Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

Copying projects to another PC. BSP has absolute paths

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to get a handle on how to clone my project and make it build on another PC.  

But I see that my NIOS BSP uses absolute paths to access the sopc info file. Simply changing the filename in the make file wouldn't work 

How do I copy a complete project along with its NIOS projects and make sure it works in another system? 

Thanks 

Zubair 

p.s. using Quartus 12 + NIOS SBT 12..
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can fix the absolute path to the .sopcinfo file by manually editing the XML file (settings.bsp). You are looking for the "<SopcDesignFile>" element, about 10 lines down from the top. Just change it to be a relative path. 

The settings.bsp is the only file you actually need to copy as far as BSP files; then on each fresh PC you need to "generate" the BSP again.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Changing makefile and settings.bsp both worked. 

Thanks! 

Zubair
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Changing makefile and settings.bsp both worked. 

Thanks! 

Zubair 

--- Quote End ---  

There is another good way to solve this problem.  

First regenerate bsp. 

Then in application project Index -> rebuild. 

Then build project. 

And then run this on hardware. 

Re-indexing detects the relative current paths of the files related to the project. 

Similar is the case when you regenerate your new/modified Qsys system. Same procedure.