Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12608 Discussions

Creating Autonomous Multiprocessor System help

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm looking for links/tutorials on how to build a multiprocessor system without any shared peripherals and I have not come across anything yet. If anyone knows of any please post/guide me. I've tried one method with building two completely different blocks within quartus and connecting the two cores according to our needs and was not successful. When doing it that method the uart would transmit incorrect characters and then I would not receive anything at the second processor. For example, if I was to send the character 's', looking at the memory registers within eclipse when debugging, I would see a completely different character. However, other characters were transmitted but I didn't see anything on the receive side. I've also began the dining philosopher's tutorial with subsystems but that's for non-autonomous multiprocessor systems. So no success yet. Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
0 Replies