Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

DS-5 does not recognize the USB Blaster on my DE0-nano-Soc board when trying to do bare-metal debug. Does it only recognize standalone USB Blasters or do I have some other problem?

CBehr
Beginner

The programmer sees both the FPGA core and the HPS.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CBehr
Beginner

p.s. The DS-5 tool has a paid license (past it's service period).

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Cbehr,

Have you tried the following way?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/soluti...

Thank You.

Regards,

Yuan Li

CBehr
Beginner

I saw that. It's not related. I got it working though. If anyone else runs into this it mat help.

First off, the problem was that when I tried to browse for the connection in debug configurations, it gave a python error with no information. I expected the connection to show up or be able to browse for it.

As a hail mary, I pasted the USB hardware ID into the connection box and tried that. It failed of course, but once I did that, when I hit the browse button, the connection showed up and worked fine. I doubt it had anything to do with the hardware ID, maybe just having some text there so I could attempt to debug. Anyway, I can't reproduce the problem because the USB blaster shows up now.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Thanks,

Colin