Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Enabling Gigabit Kills my DHCP?!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I'm running a DE2-115 with the TSE_MAC running on uCOS which i have based on the SSS Example (simple Socket Server). 

My DHCP has stopped getting an address and times out. After much wat=sted debugging time I have found it occirs when i enable the Gigabit ethernet in the hardware: 

assign set_1000_to_the_tse_mac = 1'b0;  

I swear at one point i had sucessfully had gigabit with out this problem, but i've restored through my back ups and it happens when i enable this bit in my verilog. 

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Read the docu! This bit can be set to 0 for gigabit networks. If You set this to 1, then You force the core to work on 1Gbps speed and it doesn't work on 100Mbps network.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks i got tunnel vision and a bad day. I also was using the wrong router, wasn't gigabit. 

Thanks for snapping me out of it.