Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

[GHRD] EMAC1 in Peripheral Mux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

1) Is the GHRD ghrd_5astfd5k3 compatible with the ArriaV SoC Development Board? 

2) According to the GHRD ghrd_5astfd5k3, some of GPIOs are selected instead of the EMAC1 ports in the HPS Peripheral Mux (e.g. GPIO17 instead of EMAC1.TXD2, GPIO18 instead of EMAC1.TXD2, etc - please see below the shortcut). So, how the EMAC1 can work if some of its ports are disabled (GPIOs are used instead of them)?  

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11601&stc=1  

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Looks like this 5astfd5k3 that you openned is 14.0 GHRD for Arria V already.. 

You are right, this looks not going tp work..how ever i think most of the emac design example are in cyclone v which is already enabled those pins for utilization, i open up for cyclone one all with emac pin selection. did you tried open some of the design example say for cyclone V?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, I just tried this GHRD, which was recommended by the local FAE...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

maybe consider to download a cyclone V one and open it for verification.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK, thanks, will do it... Anyway, it will be very strange if GHRD contains any errors... I believe thunders of user look into this GHRD...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would say the hps emac this is not implemented for in Arria V probably as so far most design example is in cyclone V. :D

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Could you probable let me know a web link to the CycloneV EMAC design example? Thank you

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

http://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/projects/cyclonevsgmiiexampledesign 

This is one of the emac with cyclone. Maybe suitable for your reference? 

Sorry no bare metal version.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! Got it :-)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

By the way any guys/visitor around may share of there is possible design example that is using Arria V as the base?