Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Is it possible to use H2F and LWH2F at the same time in user application under Linux?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, everybody! 

I wonder if it's possible to use both H2F and LWH2F interfaces in an application? In my code I mmap H2F and work with it and then munmap it. After that I mmap LWH2F work with it and munmap it. The program hangs up after the start. Also I tried to open file /dev/mem then mmap H2F, munmap and close (fd). Next I open file /dev/mem again and mmap and munmap LWH2F and close (fd), but result was the same - program hung up. So, is it correct in principle to do what I want to do? I think it would make sense to use lw h2f just for control and status regs and h2f for data transactions (DMA)...
0 Kudos
0 Replies