Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Nios IDE problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I don't know why. Before, I compiled successfully each project. Now, I create a simple hello_world project in Nios IDE and I got strange errors... 

***[obj/alt_alarm_start.o] Aborted (core dumped) 

***[system_project] Error 2 

Other times, the compilers show other errors ***[obj/xxYYzz.o] Aborted (core dumped) where xxYYzz is an other file. I don't remember the name of these files...  

Thank you very much for your help 

Christian
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Christian, 

Do you get the core dump even when creating a brand new project based on the hello_world template? If so, your workspace may be corrupted. First, check that all your source files are stored in a safe place. Then delete your workspace under <Nios_II_Install_Dir>\kits\nios2\bin\eclipse. Uninstall Nios II, then reinstall Nios II. Create a new hello_world project, and build it to see if the problem goes away. You first may want to check the .log file located in the .metadata directory under this workspace directory, as more details about the core dump may have been recorded here.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I created a new account in windows XP and now, I can recompile any project with Nios IDE. There is probably something corrupted. 

Thanks
0 Kudos