Honored Contributor II
02-05-2016 10:11 PM
Hi All,I still haven't figured out how to re-build u-boot such that works for USB storage devices (see post: "rebuilt u-boot does not recognize USB storage devices"). I reverted to using the pre-built U-Boot in order to get some work done. The version (same as before) is: U-Boot 2013.01.01 (Aug 08 2014 - 10:46:23) arm-altera-eabi-gcc.exe (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2013.11-67) 4.8.1 GNU ld (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2013.11-67) 126.96.36.1993091 This version worked fine for the 3 or 4 different USB sticks I initially tested. Meaning that the USB storage device was found: SOCFPGA_CYCLONE5# usb start (Re)start USB... USB0: scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found SOCFPGA_CYCLONE5# But then as I was preparing a (new) USB stick (different make/model) for a colleague - I got a different result: SOCFPGA_CYCLONE5# usb start (Re)start USB... USB0: scanning bus 0 for devices... DW_USB: Transfer completion interrupt timeout Timed out waiting for channel to disable 1 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found SOCFPGA_CYCLONE5# I rounded up all the USB sticks I had access to and found roughly 60% worked, the other 40% produced this same message "DW_USB: Transfer completion interrupt timeout". There doesn't seem to be a property of the USB stick that would indicate whether it's going to work or not. I have sticks from the same vendor - some work, others don't. Capacity doesn't make a difference - some 16GB sticks work, some don't just as much as 2GB sticks. I looked closely at the 'lsusb -v' output and Linux kernel dmesg output generated on insertion and see no one property that would indicate whether a stick would work or not. Can somebody who understands the USB support in U-Boot tell me (1) how I can resolve the "DW_USB: Transfer completion..." error, or (2) at the very least tell me what property of a USB stick I can view to know whether it will work or not. I can post some of the lsusb output from failed/working USB sticks if that helps. Thanks in advance, --George Broz Moog Industrial Group
Honored Contributor II
02-06-2018 11:05 AM
Hi, I have a similar problem.It works nice with USB 3.0 flash drives, but does not recognize USB 2.0 'lsusb -v' output shows 'bcdUSB' property, which indicates interface type. Also need to understand why it happens and how to resolve a problem.