Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12610 Discussions

uCLinux, Quartus 15.0 and QSYS

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all, 

i began to use Quartus 15.0 and Qsys for design NIOS2 and other components system for MAX10 devices, but i need generate designs for Cyclone IV and file ptf for building uClinux image. Is possible to convert sopc or qsys file to ptf file ? Or is some way how to uClinux build, when i use QSys ? 

Thank you for answer. 

Jan Naceradsky
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jan, 

Please have a look at following: http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/sopc2dts 

I asked about this to our software engineer and he suggested me to give this link to you. Because our software team was also requesting .ptf file instead of .sopcinfo to build uClinux image few months ago. But then they managed to build image by using .sopcinfo file.  

Hope this is helpful. 

Cheers, 

Bhaumik
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you, it could be some small program or function on Quartus, which is able to convert qsys or sopcinfo file to ptf.  

I began read on rocketboards.com some manuals, how to build nios-linux, but when we use uClinux and have some c programs for this, it would be shame to lose it. 

Jan
0 Kudos