Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

wait statement

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hii, can we use wait statement in vhdl for assigning values to a variable? if possible please give the syntax... thank you for spending your great time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

waits are not used for assigning anything to anything, they just wait for a specified length of time or until a specific event. 

What are you tying to do?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

hii, can we use wait statement in vhdl for assigning values to a variable? if possible please give the syntax... thank you for spending your great time. 

--- Quote End ---  

No. A wait statement does what it says it 'waits', it suspends that process. Variable are assigned with the variable assignment := like this 

x := 2; 

Kevin Jennings
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok thank you, here in my program i'm using wait statement so i got confused by the above thread......once again thank you