Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12608 Discussions

Anyone else using the Stratix II DSP Kit?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, I have a Stratix II DSP kit that I will use to test out some DSP algorithms. However, first I want to boot a NIOS processor and get the simple socket server test running. I want to be able to transfer the results of a test over ethernet to a control computer. 

The DSP kit does not ship with a 'standard' reference design, so it looks like I'll have to start with the NIOS II/Stratix II development kit reference design, and adjust pin assignments. The DSP kit ships with a 100MHz clock, so I figure I'll use the PLL to reduce it to 50MHz. 

Anyone else already dealt with these issues?  

Regards, 

Dave Hawkins. 

Caltech.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Dave, 

Which version of CD do you have with your DSP kit? On StratixII_DSP_Kit-v1.1.0 CD I have all reference designs: fast, full_featured, small, and standard. Maybe you should upgrade your software. 

I also just sturted playing with this kit. My idea is to test my cores in FPGA and present the test results on www. 

Regards,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using StratixII-ep2s60-dsp-development-board. 

this board is now communicating with vcc++-program over tcp/ip. 

nios2 program size is too large(380KB), so it is located in cfi-flash memory. 

(i need on-chip memory to design image-processing-ip) 

if you have the same problem, you should make the flash_writer_circuit 

to download program into flash, 

and also you should make "target board" to create actual nios2-cpu. 

flash boot address is: 

factory: 0x200000 

user1 : 0x500000 

user2 : 0x800000 

user3 : 0xc00000
0 Kudos