Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Avalon I2C master alt_avalon_i2c_master_tx_rx failure

SeanAB
New Contributor I

Third attempt to post a question on this subject.

I have create a NIOS II with a Avalon I2C Master IP. I wrote a Verilog file to create the tristate buffer interface for all the _in and _oe I2C lines to the 2 standard I2C lines. The Eclipse application runs and is able to open the I2C port, but when the code reaches the alt_avalon_i2c_master_tx_rx to perform the write read operation, I get status back of 4294967294 or an equivalent number. Using an oscilloscope on the I2C lines, there is no activity.

A TMP102 temperature sensor device is what I am trying to access. Address 0x48 and temperature read register is 0x00.  The part does work as I have tested it with another system. 

Any ideas would be helpful.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeanAB
New Contributor I

I was able to resolve the issue. A poor electrical connection was the culprit. Changing pins, yielded communication between the FPGA and the I2c sensor. The only concern is the lake of capturing of the signal on the Oscilloscope, which worked fine with another system.

0 Kudos