Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12612 Discussions

Cannot build a project in Nios

Tool
Novice

I cannot Build Project or Clean Project. I get an error right away. I have an example of an error below from a Clean Project.

11:31:59 **** Clean-only build of configuration Nios II for project Application ****
make clean
The system cannot find the path specified.
'uname' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, rm -f -r Application.elf Application.objdump Application.map obj obj/default/runtime obj/default/.force_relink obj/default/.force_rebuild .force_rebuild_all, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [clean] Error 2

11:31:59 Build Finished (took 405ms)

I have WSL installed. What else do I need? I am using Quartus 22.1 Standard Edition. I can compile the FPGA fine in Quartus and generate a BSP.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Kindly note that there will be some slowness on the first reply due to the public holiday, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

can you please share the log file?

0 Kudos
Tool
Novice

I attached some log file, so is this the file are you asking for? I do see what is below in the Console.

09:23:21 **** Build of configuration Nios II for project AppNios ****
make all
The system cannot find the path specified.
'uname' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'sed' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
make: *** [build_pre_process] Error 1

09:23:24 Build Finished (took 2s.356ms)

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

sorry for delaying. because of my workload, I am not able to get back to you. mostly today or tomorrow I will try to respond to you.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

in a log file, I didn't find any information. simply it saying eclipse launch field.

I need to discourse in the call. can you please update me when you will be available to arrange a call?

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

can you please update the status of your issue?

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos