Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Checking sdram contents after verify error when downloading

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have written my own sdram-controller which addresses a sdram with the memory-range from 0x04000000 - 0x04ffffff. 

I have an original sdram-controller generated by the NIOS II software which addresses a sdram with the memory-range from 0x02000000 - 0x02ffffff.  

Both controllers are connected to the NIOS II processor programmed in the FPGA. 

When I run my program in the memory-range from 0x02000000 - 0x02ffffff everything works file.  

Simple testing then the sdram with the memory range from 0x04000000 - 0x04ffffff gives no errors. 

When I try to run my program in the memory-range from 0x04000000 - 0x04ffffff I got a verifying error when loading it into the sdram. 

Is there a way to check what has been loaded into the sdram from memory-locations 0x04000000 - 0x04ffffff. 

I tried to use nios2-download but there are no options to read data from sdram-locations. I think it can only download data to sdram. 

Does somebody have some idea how I could check the contents of the sdram. 

Regards, 

WMO
0 Kudos
0 Replies