Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

EPCS FLASH Programming

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a custom board that is connected for active serial programming with the appropriate EPCS configuration device. None of my JTAG ports are connected up. Is there anyway to do Flash Programming to the EPCS through my active serial connection or is the only way to do the falsh programming is via the JTAG pins directly conencted to my CYCLONE Chip

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by shmueld@Mar 23 2006, 04:45 PM 

i have a custom board that is connected for active serial programming with the appropriate epcs configuration device. none of my jtag ports are connected up. is there anyway to do flash programming to the epcs through my active serial connection or is the only way to do the falsh programming is via the jtag pins directly conencted to my cyclone chip 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=13721) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

You could programm EPSC chip if you have active serial connector or JTAG connector. Wthout any words "only way" http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif  

p.s. Why did you make so much topic with the same names? 

p.p.s. I strongly recommend you to read altera manuals. It is very useful.
0 Kudos