Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Error in GDB server terminated with

Paul83
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project using the Nios V processor on a Cyclone 10 GX. I've created the Nios V with the platform designer and generated the BSP. I'm using the Ashling RiscFree IDE to write a simple "Hello World" application.

The application compiles successfully without any issues. However, when I try to run it, I encounter an error that says "Error in GDB server launch sequence".

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I have checked another post to solve this issue by updating the IP. But my IPs are the latest version.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

0 Kudos
4 Replies
khtan
Employee

Hi Paul,

Thanks for using Intel Support Forums. 

Let me check on this with our database and will let you know later.

Thanks

Regards

Kian

0 Kudos
khtan
Employee

Hi Paul,

I've checked our database, looks like it is a known issue

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000092621.html

From engineering notes, the issue is still open.

I saw that you're already using RiscFree 23.4.1 ? Just to confirm as the issue was reported on 22.2 so that I could feedback to engineering.

Alternatively there is a workaround given by engineering team previously whereby you can try performing Debug with boot from serial flash by “uncheck” the Load image option.
The rest of the settings is still the same.

khtan_0-1713935349806.png

Thanks

Regards

Kian

0 Kudos
Paul83
Beginner

Hi Kian,

I try your advise and it seems it works. But even I checked the Load image box again, there is no problem

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Paul 

0 Kudos
khtan
Employee

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update and glad it is working for you albeit strange it is working as well after you recheck the Load Image box again.

Anyway I already feedback to our engineering team based on your observation. Is there anything else I could help with on the case, otherwise I would like to close it and transition the thread to community support.

Thanks

Regards

Kian

0 Kudos