Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12616 Discussions

Error including altera_avalon_timer_regs.h

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have Quartus 4.1 with service pack 1 and the Nios II Development Kit 1.1.  

Part of my project is a custom component "evk_reboot_controller" I created, it consists of two slaves, one Timer slave and one PIO slave. I put the evk_reboot_controller directory to the standard component directory (C:\altera\kits\nios2\components\).  

Now I have problems compiling the system library:  

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2/components/evk_reboot_controller/HAL/src/evk_reboot_controller.c:5:57: altera_avalon_timer_regs.h: No such file or directory 

The beginning of the evk_reboot_controller.c file looks like this: 

#include "altera_avalon_pio_regs.h" // for PIO slave# include "evk_reboot_controller.h"# include "altera_avalon_timer_regs.h" // for timer_slave 

When I copy the altera_avalon_timer_regs.h file to the  

C:\altera\kits\nios2\components\evk_reboot_controller\inc 

directory or change the third# include line to  

#include "C:\altera\kits\nios2\components\altera_avalon_timer\inc\altera_avalon_timer_regs.h" 

everything works fine.  

My question is: what is the difference between the altera_avalon_timer_regs.h and the altera_avalon_pio_regs.h file??? Why do I have to copy the timer .h file (or do a bad absolute link to it into the# include) but not the PIO .h file? 

Best regards 

Chris
0 Kudos
0 Replies