Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

LWIP standalone

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Linking lwip_web_server_2.elf... 

/cygdrive/c/Programming/altera/kits/nios2/bin/nios2-gnutools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/nios2-elf/3.3.3/../../../../nios2-elf/bin/ld: region int_ram is full (lwip_web_server_2.elf section .text) 

/cygdrive/c/Programming/altera/kits/nios2/bin/nios2-gnutools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/nios2-elf/3.3.3/../../../../nios2-elf/bin/ld: region int_ram is full (lwip_web_server_2.elf section .bss) 

/cygdrive/c/Programming/altera/kits/nios2/bin/nios2-gnutools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/nios2-elf/3.3.3/../../../../nios2-elf/bin/ld: section .rodata [00020000 -> 000221b7] overlaps section .text [00020000 -> 000412bf] 

/cygdrive/c/Programming/altera/kits/nios2/bin/nios2-gnutools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/nios2-elf/3.3.3/../../../../nios2-elf/bin/ld: section .rwdata [000221b8 -> 00022cbf] overlaps section .text [00020000 -> 000412bf] 

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 

make: *** [lwip_web_server_2.elf] Error 1
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm guessing the program is too big for my target board. Can I get pointers to changing options in the LWIP build to remove the DCHP and TCP. I'm only going to use UDP for this project.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the ReadMe.txt file, 

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

- lwipopts.h: Default values and features for building the LWIP stack. 

This set will work for most applications.  Care must be taken to fully 

understand the implications of changing any default value.  Refer to 

/lwip-0.7.1/src/include/lwip/opt.h for other features or values that can  

have a default in lwipopts.h.[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

There are also options that you can try at the HAL level (on the system library properties page) that will reduce the memory footprint. 

I&#39;ve not tried any of this, myself, but it seems like a reasonable place to start. 

Cheers, 

slacker
0 Kudos