Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Loading 16207 LCD driver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using the 16207 LCD on my DE2 board for a project, and it works when tested through the Nios IDE. I include the option for it in the uClinux menuconfig, but I don't think the driver is being loaded. It doesn't come up at boot time, or in /dev, or in lsmod, or any other place I can think of. Is there any way I can load it manually? 

Thanks for your help. 

Edit: it doesn't even seem like any object code is being built for it. Does it depend on any options besides "[*] Nios 16207 LCD device support" ?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by benway@Apr 5 2007, 03:09 AM 

i'm using the 16207 lcd on my de2 board for a project, and it works when tested through the nios ide. i include the option for it in the uclinux menuconfig, but i don't think the driver is being loaded. it doesn't come up at boot time, or in /dev, or in lsmod, or any other place i can think of.  is there any way i can load it manually? 

thanks for your help. 

edit: it doesn't even seem like any object code is being built for it. does it depend on any options besides "[*] nios 16207 lcd device support" ? 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=22807) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Check the Makefile and Kconfig in the dir of the driver. maybe something missing.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by hippo@Apr 4 2007, 09:41 PM 

check the makefile and kconfig in the dir of the driver. maybe something missing. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=22819) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks! The makefile in that directory was missing an entry for the driver. It now generates object code, but I&#39;ll have to wait till tomorrow to see if it works.
0 Kudos