Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12608 Discussions

Moving a Nios II project to a new workspace

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Whats the right method of moving a project to a new workspace? So far every time I try to move to a new workspace I have to futz about with recreateing a new system library then switch to the new library and then delete the old one. I've almost got it down where I can remember all the steps without any trial and error. Its sill a pain though.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is a shortcut. The problem is that there is an absolute path to the SOPC system (.ptf) file in the system library. It&#39;s located in the "system.stf" file inside the system library folder. When you copy the projects to a new folder, just edit the "system.stf" file to point to the correct path. Or better yet, you can replace the absolute path with a relative path (i.e. "..\<quartus_project_dir>\<sopc_system>.ptf"). Where is <quartus_project_dir> is the directory where your .ptf file is located and <sopc_system>.ptf is the name of your ptf file. Hope this helps. 

Jake
0 Kudos