Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Multiprocessor on DE2-Board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2891  

Hi, 

I am having trouble in running multiprocessor project on DE2-board. I follow every steps in multiprocessor_tutorial and run the software from hello_world_multi.c downloaded from altera website. 

Initially, I created software for cpu1 only. But I always see the following message in console, expected output seems cannot be displayed when I "Run As Nios II Hardware". I don't know what has gone wrong. 

nios2-terminal: connected to hardware target using JTAG UART on cable 

nios2-terminal: "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0 

nios2-terminal: (Use the IDE stop button or Ctrl-C to terminate) 

Anyone can help me to check my project?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2891  

Hi, 

I am having trouble in running multiprocessor project on DE2-board. I follow every steps in multiprocessor_tutorial and run the software from hello_world_multi.c downloaded from altera website. 

Initially, I created software for cpu1 only. But I always see the following message in console, expected output seems cannot be displayed when I "Run As Nios II Hardware". I don't know what has gone wrong. 

Anyone can help me to check my project? 

--- Quote End ---  

i run this example correctly .check whether the jtag uart is connected to the cpu1 correctly. hope the may help you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Wangweike, 

Do you mean u manage to run my attached nios.qar correctly? I have my jtag uart connected to the data master of cpu1 correctly, also I have verified jtag uart is set to stdout, stdin and stderr correctly. But somehow I still receive the output until this step: 

I expect there should be output such as  

Message from CPU 1. Number sent: 1 

Message from CPU 1. Number sent: 2 

Message from CPU 1. Number sent: 3 

Message from CPU 1. Number sent: 4 

But I can't get these output. Can u please help me? 

Thanks, 

Carid
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is one way: try with dubug as nios II hardware. check whether it enters into the code or not i.e. It stops at immediately after main() statement.If it enters you can press resume button and run the application in debug mode.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Hary, 

i can't debug the program. When it prompts to switch to debug mode, i clicked yes, but the c code program doesn't show up, meaning i can't even see the breakpoint stops immediately after alt_main (). the resume button is grey out.
0 Kudos