Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Nios-V with FreeRTOS

XleraSolutions
Beginner

Hi All,

I have an existing design using Nios-V with FreeRTOS, built on Q23.4. I updated to Q24.1 and all of the drivers for altera/intel components (TSE, mSGDMA, SPI, etc) do not get included in the BSP. Only the altera uart and jtag uart make it in there (as do my custom modules with drivers). 

If I select HAL for the BSP they are there. If I choose FreeRTOS they are not. They all were there with FreeRTOS on Q23.1, just not on Q24.1.

I notice that the *_sw.tcl files for these modules do not have a line for "add_sw_property supported_bsp_type FREERTOS" under <install>\24.1\ip\altera. They did not in Q23.4 either but still made it.

Assuming Q24.1 now respects that, I tried to add to see what happens, but no luck.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Could you try try sharing me your project file and I could try take a look at the design on my end?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
XleraSolutions
Beginner

Hi,

Sure, I put together a simple project that demonstrates the issue (qar attached).

It only has the qsys module and bsp (test.qsys and test.bsp). The QSYS has the nios-v plus JTAG UART, I2C Master, SPI, and PIO. When you generate the BSP for FreeRTOS, only the driver for the JTAG uart is there, not for the others (see screenshot).

I ran the project on Q23.4 to ensure the drivers are all present when you generate the bsp (they are).

Thanks!

0 Kudos