Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12620 Discussions

NiosII 5.0 + 91C111 ethernet trouble

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've been using a custom 2.6.11 kernel (based on the good work from the Mictrotronix 2.6.9 port, of course) + NiosII 1.1 on a custom Stratix board for 3-4 weeks now. Everything has been working nicely until today when I decided to upgrade the Nios kit/tools and Quartus to version 5.0. After the update (and recompilation of image + linux kernel) ethernet connectivity seem to be lost. I'm using the 91c111 chip. The drivers load just fine, and everything seem normal, except that it is not possible to ping the board or connect via telnet/ftp. Have there been any changes to the lan91c111 component ? Can't see any differences in the ptf file. Have anyone else experienced problems with Nios II 5.0 + 91c111 and uClinux (someone from Microtronix, perhaps ..) ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK, I think I've spotted the error. Which genius came up with the idea of replacing the reset_n output from the CPU with reset ??  

http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif
0 Kudos