Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12608 Discussions

Problems in going through Altera Monitor Program Tutorial

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My problem is in section 3.2 of the tutorial, "Compiling and loading the program." When I try to compile, I see the following in the info window: 

Compiling source files... 

nios2-elf-as --gstabs -I C:/altera/91sp2/nios2eds/components/altera_nios2/sdk/inc -I H:/private/FPGA/monitor_tutorial H:/private/FPGA/monitor_tutorial/getting_started.s -o H:/private/FPGA/monitor_tutorial/getting_started.s.o  

Linking... 

nios2-elf-ld --defsym nasys_program_mem=0x0 --defsym nasys_data_mem=0x0 --section-start .exceptions=0x20 --section-start .reset=0x0 -e _start -u _start --script c:/altera/91sp2/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/build/nios_as_build.ld -g -o H:/private/FPGA/monitor_tutorial/getting_started.elf H:/private/FPGA/monitor_tutorial/getting_started.s.o  

nios2-elf-ld: H:/private/FPGA/monitor_tutorial/getting_started.s.o: No such file: No such file or directory 

Compilation stopped. 

It appears that the nios2-elf-as command, which I assume starts the assembler, does not generate the .s.o file. I've searched throughout the hard drive and cannot find it anywhere else, either. 

Any ideas what is going on?
0 Kudos
0 Replies