Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12612 Discussions

Quartus Programmer Command-Line Problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I try to configure the FPGA via NiosII Shell (NiosII 1.1) and Quartus Programmer using the following line: 

[SOPC Builder]$ quartus_pgm --cable="USB-Blaster [USB-0]" --mode=jtag --operation=p;test.pof 

The line looks correct for me but I get an error message: 

Error: Programming option string "p" is illegal. Refer to --help for legal programming option formats. 

Any idea, why the option p for programming is wrong?!?!?!? 

Thanks, 

damc
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

try this: 

Nios-sof --cable=&#39;USB-Blaster [USB-0]&#39; <path and file name you want to download> 

Make sure to use forward slashes for your path and file name. This will in turn make a call to the Quartus programmer, but make sure you are programming the .sof and not the .pof file.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks BadOmen, 

didn&#39;t knew nios-sof. 

Damc
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You&#39;re welcome. 

I think that command is left over from the Nios I days (otherwise it would be called Nios2-sof).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Using nios-sof is often easier. 

But just for reference, I think your problem with the command line is that you put a semicolon into the arguments. Under shells such as bash this is a command separator. If you escape the semicolon with \ or put quotes around that argument then it should work.
0 Kudos