Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

SOPC builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi to all, 

it&#39;s very strange the SOPC builder&#39;s behaviour in QII 6.0, in fact if I try to create a new component (previously simulated alone), SOPC gives the error number 3 http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif , this I think because my component uses modules inside other files (or libraries), in the contrary, if I include all the requested modules inside the file of the component I want to instantiate in SOPC builder, everything works well http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif . 

Can anyone explain this strange behaviour?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem with QII 5.1 SP2.01 

I try to create a new component in SOPC Builder (open cores uart16550) 

I put all verilog files in a directory under the quartus project directory 

/src/uart16550 

raminfr.v 

timescale.v 

uart_debug_if.v 

uart_defines.v 

uart_receiver.v 

uart_regs.v 

uart_rfifo.v 

uart_sync_flops.v 

uart_tfifo.v 

uart_top.v 

uart_transmitter.v 

uart_wb.v 

I start component editor and add all the above hdl files, it starts green blinking, 

2 files are ok then error occures 

Error: command "quartus_map --generate_hdl_interface=C:/work/pro/8dio010_server/8DIO010_FPGA/ce_temp_directory/uart_debug_if.v ce_temp_directory/ce_temp_quartus_project" returned 3 

Error (10054): Verilog HDL Compiler Directive error at uart_debug_if.v(90): can&#39;t open Verilog Design File "uart_defines.v" File: C:/work/pro/8dio010_server/8DIO010_FPGA/ce_temp_directory/uart_debug_if.v Line: 90 

Error (10112): Ignored module "uart_debug_if" at uart_debug_if.v(92) due to previous errors File: C:/work/pro/8dio010_server/8DIO010_FPGA/ce_temp_directory/uart_debug_if.v Line: 92 

Error: Quartus II Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 2 warnings 

Error: Processing ended: Tue Jul 25 20:03:15 2006 

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:01 

Error: C:/work/pro/8dio010_server/8DIO010_FPGA/ce_temp_directory/uart_debug_if.v.xml does not exist 

after all errors I cannot select uart_top as top level module 

can someone please help me because I only know vhdl and not much verilog, 

has anybody already created this uart in sopc builder ? 

thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried to do in your way, but, of course doesn&#39;t work. 

I think the only chance you have is to create a single file with everything inside.
0 Kudos