Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12612 Discussions

error while loading shared libraries: libgds.so: cannot load shared object file: No s

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

error while loading shared libraries: libgds.so: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory  

Abstract: After performing a client only install on Linux you must alter your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or create a soft link 

Q. I've just performed a client only install of InterBase 7.5 and whenever I start any of the command line utilities (iblicense, gstat, gfix, isql) I get the error:  

error while loading shared libraries: libgds.so: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory  

What do I do?  

A. The simplest solution is create a symbolic lib of libgds.so in /usr/lib. Example:  

ln -s /opt/interbase/lib/libgds.so.0 /usr/lib/libgds.so  

Another solution is to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to lib directory where InterBase is installed. Example:  

LD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/interbase/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH 

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH  

Note that the client install only considers InterBase servers running on default portof 3050. If the server you are connecting is running on a different port you must edit your services file (/etc/services) to indicate the correct label and port. For additional
0 Kudos
0 Replies