Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12615 Discussions

exposing ports outside of SOPC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good Afternoon 

Sorry but I am new to NIOS and SOPC builder. But I am trying to create a two port memory where one port is connected to the NIOS using AValong-mm so I can read and write to the memory by the CPU, but the second port is exposed outside of SOPC block so I can access it outside of the SOPC package? A generic way to ask is "are there a way to expose ports to the external world in SOPC other than create your own device?" 

Thanks for your help. 

Victor
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What you need to do is create an avalon master port and export it outside of SoPC builder. The easiest way to do this is to create a new component using the component wizard. Use the "Templates" to create a new Avalon Memory Mapped Master template. Because the component is not based on HDL, it will automatically export the signals outside SoPC Builder. You should create a master with a 32-bit address bus and a 32-bit data bus. It is your responsibility to make sure you address slave components on the bus correctly. 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jakobjones @ Jul 11 2009, 08:20 PM) <{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=23082)</div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

What you need to do is create an avalon master port and export it outside of SoPC builder. The easiest way to do this is to create a new component using the component wizard. Use the "Templates" to create a new Avalon Memory Mapped Master template. Because the component is not based on HDL, it will automatically export the signals outside SoPC Builder. You should create a master with a 32-bit address bus and a 32-bit data bus. It is your responsibility to make sure you address slave components on the bus correctly. 

Jake[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank You 

Victor
0 Kudos