Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12610 Discussions

need help for triple speed ethernet

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi every body 

i am performing my graduate project for my computer engineering certification . 

I am making router by using de2 board 

but as we know router has multiply port and I will make two ethernet port by using triple speed ethernet 9.1 

but if I select more than one port in triple speed ethernet configuration . 

that will cause no fifo memory in this controller and i must use independent memory connected to triple speed ethernet called multi channel shared memory fifo  

but i don't have any idea how i can connect this memory with triple speed ehternet 

please if any one have any idea help me and i prefer to give me example contain multiply ethernet port by using triple speed ethernet 

thank you for your reading
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same question,and I also don't konw how to solve the follow problems: 

file:///C:/Program%20Files/QQ/Users/490482109/Image/SD`%M~U8FK)9C`WYDDA1E~Y.jpg
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same question,and I also don't konw how to solve the follow problem:"error:triple_speed_ethernet_0.receive_0 and multiplexer_0.in0 must be on the same clock domain,since they're connected.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You must give the same clock to the triple speed ethernet mac and the multiplexer. If you want to use two different clocks, then put a dual clock FIFO between them.

0 Kudos