Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

networking without OS Support

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello ,  

I am trying to run networking application without Uc/OS-II Support, (not using standard UDP_Offload or Super_Loop)  

for this i have choose the simple socket server server (RGMII) example and strip out OS feature one by one,  

at the end it gives some error regarding  

1. FindLastFlashSector  

2. generate_and_store_mac_address  

3. get_board_mac_addr  

etc.  

though i have add the network_utilities.c and network_utilities.h but still i am facing the problem  

(see the attached printscreen of error)  

i am using Altera Cyclone-II Development Board "Embedded Development board"  

i have attached the c files  

1.network_utilities.c  

2.network_utilities.h  

3.simple_socket_server.c  

4.tse_my_system  

Regards 

kaushal
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What do you want to generate? 

The path to your clock in the .sdc file is absolute, so yes the compilation will fail if you change your top level file. You can try and use a wildcard on the beginning instead, i.e.*|the_enet_pll|the_pll|altpll_component|auto_generated|pll1|clk
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

want to generate both .pof and .sof file. 

i have follow the instruction by putting wildcard on the beginning (attached print screen)...but still same error is there.....:confused:
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The .pof should be automatically generated by Quartus. Check the configuration device settings (Assignments -> Device -> Device and Pin Options -> Configuration) and look for any warning message in the Quartus log that would explain why the file wasn't generated. 

This isn't the same error, it's a completely different error. Expanding it may give more information. Unfortunately I don't have experience with this kind of memory interface so I can't help you. The memory controller user manual probably gives some indications on how to group the pins.
0 Kudos