OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

About "Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2014 Beta"

rtfss1gmail_com
Beginner

I found references about "Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2014 Beta"  on Intel INDE page..

I wanted to know if it's coming soon as it seems to support OpenCL Android development on Intel GPUs?!..

This is good news! hope this motivates Intel to support also Intel GPUs in OpenCL on Linux as Android it's similar to Linux (not?)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Hey,

Yes, the new Intel INDE productivity tool and his components are coming soon. This will include extension of current Intel graphics acceleration support into Android and more. We will use this forum to update you when the bits are available.

See this video on what is INDE and what it brings to you: http://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/intel-inde-vision

Can't wait? See the new Compute Code Builder getting started and try the first tutorials on how to use compute APIs with Android:

-  Visit our Getting Started Guide for Compute Code Builder

Tutorial: Getting Started with RenderScript

Tutorial: Getting Started with OpenCL on Android OS

Regards,

Arnon

0 Kudos
rtfss1gmail_com
Beginner

Thanks for fast response..

More feedback to OCL 2014 release:

1) Hope we can get most of numerous extensions provided by OCL Intel implementation on Windows also on Android (and eventually Linux):

*Assuming graphics interop will be there and also EGL equivalents of interop like cl_khr_egl_image and perhaps cl_khr_egl_event and EGL_KHR_cl_event2

*Interesting will be also if some interop to video decoder blocks is provided similar to cl_intel_dx9_media_sharing but for OpenMAX or VAAPI (for Linux)? and Intel exts like cl_intel_motion_estimation and cl_intel_accelerator are provided.

*Would like also msaa (cl_khr_gl_msaa_sharing)and depth extensions (cl_khr_gl_depth_images)but for GL ES..
*SPIR: Intel currently ships support for CPU/MIC targets but not for it’s GPUs (?) so I hope Intel can get broad support of SPIR on all platforms (i.e. Android also) and devices (add GPUs also).. one thing that must be clarified on GPUs is if they are spir-unknown target or spir64-unknown or it depends on CPU binary bitness..

2) While it's seems to be too early to expect OCL 2.0 implementations but anyway AMD is shipping and extension (cl_amd_svm) basically reimplementing OpenCL SVM features.. I have coded a sample example using it and it works on CPU at least.. so I hope we can some OpenCL 2.0 functionality this year..
basically:
*SVM exposed like cl_amd_svm mainly exposing new SVM functions appending AMD to function name
*Mipmaps.. (cl_khr_mipmap_image and cl_khr_mipmap_image_writes)
hope we can get also implemented before full OCL 2.0 SDK..

Anyway thanks for hearing input..

0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Thanks for putting your requirements. We appreciate this and we will take it into considerations.

You can now download the new sdk at the OpenCL SDK web site.

Regards,

Arnon

0 Kudos