OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Bay Trail tablets and OpenCL

rahul_garg
Beginner

I noticed that Tom's Hardware states that Bay Trail variants targeted at Windows tablets will not ship with OpenCL support but some desktop and notebook variants will have OpenCL support on the HD graphics. I was wondering if you can clarify if this is a temporary issue or whether there is any hope of getting OpenCL on Bay Trail Windows tablets.

Also, I was wondering if there are plans to bring OpenCL to Android on Bay Trail.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Raul,

Intel is fully committed to OpenCL in our product line. Beside this new support for OpenCL 1.2 on Intel Pentium and Celeron processors (formerly known as Bay Trail), we have also just added OpenCL support to Intel® Xeon Phi for Windows, and added SPIR 1.2 code generation with the Intel® SDK for OpenCL Applications XE 2013 R2, see here.

While we are not yet ready to announce new processors and operating system support, we continue our efforts to increase the coverage of OpenCL where customer demand exists. 

0 Kudos
rahul_garg
Beginner

Thanks for the clarification. I guess we will wait and see on Bay Trail tablet versions but I am optimistic given Intel's great OpenCL track record so far. Also, the SPIR 1.2 news is pretty awesome, particularly for my project!

0 Kudos
rahul_garg
Beginner

I see that the 2013 SDK R2 adds support for Z3000 atom CPUs. Just to confirm, this means that if I install the latest drivers on a Baytrail based Windows tablet, I can use OpenCL right?

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Not sure if you got your answer already, but yes.

Raghu

0 Kudos
karanveer
Beginner

So, I am writing here for the first time and I maybe off the topic but, the newly launched Asus transformer T100 runs on the Intel Bay trail Z3740 processor. Is it capable of running Eclipse along with the android emulator? I have an intel dual core desktop with 2GB ram and the emlator lags pretty much on it. I am thinking of buying a new T100. Please suggest

0 Kudos