OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Execution of sparse matrix-vector failed

MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

I'm using a new i7-7700k and the execution of this particular OpenCL test doesn't work. You can see the error in my attached screenshot. This happens with both CPU and GPU using newest drivers. AMD and Nvidia don't suffer from this. Links to the test are below.

http://viennaclbench.sourceforge.net/

http://viennaclbench.sourceforge.net/viennaclbench-download.html

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for this report.  The ViennaCLBench project looks like a nice utility.  Which OS are you using?

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

I'm using Windows 10 x64. There is only one subtest not working, to make it clear.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

A quick status update:  behavior replicated in the ViennaCLBench GUI as well as in the sparse-test-opencl validation program compiled from sparse.cpp.  in the viennacl tests directory. 

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Any news?

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Sorry for the delay.  Checking.  Will get back to you with more details by tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Sorry again for the delay.  In earlier tests I could reproduce in Windows and Linux, 6th and 7th Generation Core processors. Current tests show that OpenCL sparse matrix support tests work with the tip of viennacl-dev github (checked out this morning, tested in Linux).   I still see the original issue in the benchmark GUI in Windows and Linux, but the GUI implementation may not have the most recent updates in the library.  In any case the GUI is likely be out of our scope and something to contact the ViennaCL team about. 

By the way, anything you or any other readers would like to share about your interest in OpenCL for BLAS could help our product planning.

0 Kudos